Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feels Like Home

My Mom sent me home with a couple of her antiques she's no longer using in her house decorations, and with a drill and some shelves from Target I was able to make my room finally feel like home, and not so much a temporary "space".I'm particularily happy with the new shelves, even though I haven't quite made up my mind if I like my old pointe shoes and the glass on the top one.I'm not sure if pointe shoes can be considered a "decoration", but they work for now and I like them up there.I'm particularly excited about the old camera and picture I got from my Mom- it's in beautiful shape, which almost makes me tempted to see if it would still work, because I feel like the pictures out of an old camera like that would be fuzzy and beautiful. Maybe someday when I have a bunch of time I'll look into that. :) My next antique purchases on my "want" list are an old but working typewriter and dress form in my size for draping.My reading list has expanded this semester to include not only books on adaptation, but children's literature and french books to practice translation. I have to do a translation for my master's degree, and hopefully with practice I can get my french a point that I'm comfortable with a basic translation. Speaking it is a whole different animal, but luckily I don't have to worry about that yet.
I was out ice climbing at Casket Quarry all day yesterday, and even though I accidentally conked out at 8:30 during the movie last night I'm still tired and recovering today. I think I need to do a little more cross training so that when I go out for these all-day climbing marathons, I don't get so incredibly pooped. Swimming perhaps?
Time to go take my double-fudge brownies out of the oven... Mmmmm smells good... :)

1 comment:

LARISSA said...

That looks beautiful! I love the way you set up your room. Looks wonderful!