Friday, July 31, 2009

Big Day!

I had my first day off all week, and it was glorious!
I got a new roommate, to make my days a little more cheerful and green when I wake up:I finished the team Tshirts for the Brewhouse Triathlon on Sunday- both the front and back turned out way better than I expected, and I'm excited to show them to my teammates! (The picture of the back is before I shadow-outlined the names and pictures in black- I'll put a complete picture up of the shirts when we're wearing them for the Tri.)
I also got to do a little climbing and slacklining with my buddy Matt Sahli, who was up from the cities for a visit for the day. We climbed up at Fox Rocks bouldering area early this morning, then after a quick lunch went slacklining down in Leif Erickson Park on the boardwalk. I haven't slacklined in awhile, and it was cool to practice some moves I've been working on. I want to be able to do some of my high ballet leg lifts, and I was able to get a simple side leg lift on the line all right. Not as high as I normally can go, but balancing on a line made it harder and I'm happy with it for now! It was fun to get outside while it was nice out.
When we got back I came home and put on Wall-E while painting my second-hand bookshelf, and it's a gorgeous, cheerful color that I know will help keep me up in the dead of winter. Two coats of paint really shows the color off nicely.After all, who can be unhappy when you have a bright blue bookshelf full of books?
Tonight is more chill- making some dinner, cleaning up general areas around the apartment in anticipation of my parents coming up to cheer me on in the Triathlon, and doing some small, finalizing projects that I've been putting off for a long time (those stupid pom-poms for Jenelle's legwarmers). I'm in project mode and I want to get those done before that feeling wears off.
When it does, I have no doubt it will be replaced by nervousness for the 22 mile bike on Sunday... gulp...

No comments: