Sunday, February 8, 2015

Maeby is THE. WORST.

I was really excited about this knit.
It was super cute, fast to make, on large needles (which is glorious after working on size 000), and I know the recipient will absolutely love it.
It's the Sweetheart Coffee Cup Sleeve, which I originally found on Pinterest before looking it up on Ravelry. (PS- free and adorable pattern, knitters!) :)
It was nice- yesterday afternoon, I sat down with a few episodes of New Girl and some skeins of Cascade 220 that I found in the basement.
Before I knew it, it was time to bind off.

It was super cute, looked great, and will be well received.  I may have been more than a little smitten with it.

I took a few pictures with my Starbuck's Chai Tea before throwing the sleeve in a coffee cup to soak before blocking.  I normally wouldn't block something that already looked that good, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  It needed to be blocked to just even out the fair isle a little bit.  No bit deal.
I lay it out to dry on the heater in our bedroom, and went about making dinner.  I completely forgot about it last night.
I woke up this morning, and found this on the floor next to my slippers:

She didn't just chew on it.  She nommed straight through it like the snowplow from hell.
The craigslist ad will be going up shortly for said cat.
Name: Maeby
Age: 3 1/2 years
Talents: Eating anything that has value or meaning.
Just.
the.
worst...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Maeby! What a little dickens. I hope she grows out of her addiction for your sake and hers. Eating string can be really dangerous for kitties :( Loved that valentine coffee sleeve!

Do I owe you a letter? We have a lot of catching up to do!