Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Packing Break

It's been a crazy first half of the week.  One of my classes ended today with a final (and a pile of late work), and I received another round of papers from one of my Comp classes on Tuesday.  I'm now on a hiring committee for my college which starts this week- very interesting to be on this end of the spectrum!
Tonight was therefore a relief when three good lady friends stopped by my apartment for more than just a little lady time.
A week from Friday, I'll be heading down to Kentucky for a few days of climbing.  My lady friends and I are going to climb at the Red River Gorge- 4 glorious days outside, climbing hard overhanging sport lines and the occasional trad climb.

Tonight we got together to go over logistics- food, gear, car, etc.  It felt so good to plan something like this.  Cabin fever has set in hardcore for me, and even though it's starting to get nicer out, I need to actually go outside.  For a long period of time.  Stretch my muscles, push my body, and do it with a bunch of friends.
It's going to feel so good.
I just wish it were this week instead of next...

Just have to decide- what brew from the Brewhouse should come down to the Gorge with me? :)

No comments: