Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh My Goodness...

After a dark and stormy night, my day off dawned bright and warm.  The guy and I wasted no time getting outside to enjoy it!
We went to one of the local bouldering crags, climbing over moss and swatting away hordes of mosquitos to get in some outside climbing time.  
It was great to have some time with my guy before he heads off for a week!  After, I stopped at Yarn Harbor to pick up the yarn to start Kim's wedding shawl.  I figured it was a good idea to start since I'd have some evenings to myself.  What I found is... well:
I have two skeins of lace Malabrigo laying around from my frogged Whisper shawl, and I'm going to put it to good use as the background behind the snowflakes.  The snowflakes themselves are going to be out of Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn.  
I was so excited to get the yarn that I cast on for the first snowflake... then kept ripping it out and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do.  Some of the directions weren't amazing, so I improvised a little until I got the right number of stitches, but the points were still not correct.  
After a lot of swearing and more cast-ons later, I finally figured out exactly how the cast on was supposed to work, and suddenly... 
oh, my.
Oh, goodness me.
I finished the first one and was almost sad that I was going to have to leave and climb with friends for the night. 
I just got back from 2 hours of climbing hard at the gym, and now it's time to throw on some Netflix and do another... and perhaps another... 

No comments: