Sunday, April 15, 2012

FO: Mama Mitts

This morning I sat down with a cup of coffee and rocked the rest of the Mama Mitts for Mama Stacy!

Pattern: Fingerless Pomatomus Gloves by Tobi Beck, available free on Ravelry
Yarn: Adorn Sock in Eadan by Three Irish Girls, leftover from the Poseidon Adventure Shawl
Needles: Teeny size 1, on bamboo of course!

Gift/Barter: Gift!  Originally just out of the blue, because Stacy knits so much for her 4 kids that I never see her wearing anything of her own, but I found out her birthday was a few days ago so this works perfectly!
Worst Part: Maaaaybe giving them away.  :)  I FELL IN LOVE with this pattern, and I'm definitely going to have to make a pair for myself, out of whatever leftovers come my way. :)
Best Part: I have to pick?  The pattern?  The yarn?  Knowing it's going to someone who's really going to enjoy them?  So many things!

I'm probably going to steal the method of turning socks into fingerless mittens with a few other awesome sock patterns, since I wear fingerless mittens WAAAAAY more than knit socks (or maybe that's because I've only knit like 2 pairs of socks for myself.  Can't really tell).
It feels really good to just punch out project after project right now, before I either keep working hard on my Dad's Dale or start one of the sweaters I've been meaning to.

I'm kind of putting off my sweaters- I wanted SO BAD to add some awesome cabling to the sleeves and back of the Effortless Cardigan, but after lots of math and looking through a ridiculous amount of pattern for exactly what I wanted, I realized that I didn't actually like any cabling added in with this particular pattern, and reverted back to doing the plain old stockinette cardigan.
le sigh.
I'll just find smaller projects that are nice and complicated to offset the boring sweater. :)
(and you know it's a good sign for the sweater when I'm talking about it like this before I even start it...)

No comments: