Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dancer Presents

I was a bit confounded this year as to what I should get my dancers for their end-of-year gift, and finally thought of something I knew I would like- bookmarks!

I worked with the amazing Jessica from Jack & Ella Paper Press, a small Etsy shop that I've ordered from before, and she created these adorable bookmarks with little tap shoes, "Competition Tap 2012" on the bottom, and a quote from Maya Angelou:
"Everything in the universe has rhythm.  Everything dances."
They turned out perfect, and I'm super excited to give them to my dancers!
In addition, I ordered personalized notecards for a couple of my solo students whom I know would appreciate it:

They turned out just as adorable as I would hope, and I'm excited to give them to the girls!!
I may have to include a little bit of chocolate, since these are ladies, after all... ;)

2 comments:

Mark said...

The author of that quote looks like a name I've seen. Is she an author of one of your climbing books (i.e. did you find this quote, or did the gal doing the keepsakes suggest it?).

Mark said...

Glad to see you "mention" the Dale (it's not "forgotten")