Saturday, April 28, 2012

Florence + the Machine


OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.

Yesterday was a quick trip down to the cities to see one of my favorite bands, Florence + the Machine and the beautiful State Theater!  I don't get to concerts very often- it's mostly the occasional Charlie Parr Wednesday night at the local Brewhouse, so I've been pretty psyched for front row balcony to Florence for awhile.

I went with Scott and a couple of fellow climbers, including Pete, who broke his foot about a week ago and has been going insane with cabin fever.

I've been playing Florence non-stop in the climbing gym, and this band puts on a true PERFORMANCE!  Florence came out in a full cape, dancing around on the stage, twirling, then giving me chills when holding notes under a single spotlight.

I was singing and bouncing and jumping and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a concert- especially with such amazing seats!

I even got a quick photo of Pete wearing the hat I made for him awhile ago- knitting in action!! (Or non-action, since Pete's on crutches for the next two months.  Yuck.)

I guess the only bad that comes from going to something like this is how much fun I have... and how much it makes me want to go to things like this more... Ooooooh goodness... :)

1 comment:

Cole said...

I went to see FLorence in Indiana last July and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to, so glad you got to go too! I cannot wait until I can see her live again....what a talented performer!