Saturday, March 31, 2012

FO: Studio Mitts

I had an amazing last couple of days at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities English and Writing Conference!  I heard tons of presentations from faculty across the state about everything from publishing your work in journals, to using a theme in your freshman writing course, to different ways to approach developmental writing.  My own presentation went exceedingly well!  It was aptly titled "Why Do I Need Freshman Comp?  I'm a Theater Major!", and had a decent amount of people attending, some with questions at the end!  Overall it was a great experience, and I'm already looking forward to next year's conference, and trying to decide what possibly to present on!
While there, I was able to work on a lot of knitting, even finishing up a project!  I got about halfway done with the Cupcake hat, and this morning I put the finishing touches on the Studio Mitts!

Pattern: Susie's Reading Mitts, available on Ravelry for free!
Yarn: Cascade 220 Paints in 9871 colorway- a great mix of purples and red-purples!
Needles: Size 6 Bamboo, though next time I'm going down to at least size 5.
Time Period: March 16th-March 31st

Gift/Barter: Gift for Cassie, who helps run the office down at Stacey's Dance Studio.  She spends a lot of time on the computer and needs something to keep her hands warm in the winter!  I'll be giving these to her at the recital in June :)
Worst Part: I think the only thing I'd change would be the needles- Cassie has bigger hands than me, so these will probably fit her just fine, but for future projects I'll go down a needle size.
Best Part:  LOVE the colorway!  I'm a huge fan of purple right now, so this was fun to knit with!
More dive classes this afternoon after work, then off to (FINALLY) see The Hunger Games tonight!

No comments: