Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FO: Climber Hat

Last night, while starting Season 4 of Mad Men on my nifty little Nook, I (finally) finished a Climber Hat for my buddy Pete as part of a barter!

Pattern: "Christopher", by Jane Richmond
Yarn: Leftover Cascade 220 from other projects, in gray and midnight blue
Needles: Size 7 bamboo

Duration: February 28th-March 26th
Modifications: None!  It's a well-written pattern, and worked perfectly for what I needed.
Barter: Pete is a photographer (which I define as anyone that spends more than $200 on a camera and equipment) and he'll be printing off several larger prints of his pictures that I choose for decorating my apartment!

Worst Part: Normally hats don't take me very long, so when the stockingnette section went on... and on... and on... it felt like it took forever.
Best Part: Three things- I loved that I could use up old yarn laying around already, I love the reversible hat option, and I LOVE the way that this hat turned out in look/comfort level!  Despite the amount of time it took to make the double-layer hat, I'll definitely be making this hat again for others, both as for barters and gifts.


I'm off to a conference over the next couple of days- the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Writing and English Workshop, where I'll be presenting on integrating writing into a Major's core curriculum.  Hopefully during other presentations, I'll have some time to get some more knitting done! :)

No comments: