Friday, April 30, 2010

Papers and Writing

With two big papers due next week, I'm relishing the idea of having the weekend (pretty much) off of work in order to crank out over 40 pages of writing. These are my last big hurdles of the semester- even my one final doesn't come close to comparison. Luckily once they're done I can sit back, breath a big sigh of relief, and relax a little bit as summer begins.
I've been working steadily on the body of the Seneca sweater in down time and during class, and it's showing. I'm lucky that it's been easy so far- mindless stockinette for class as the semester wraps up, and if I can time it out I'll be up to the cables right when I have the time to pay attention to them again. The yarn is fantastic- soft and squishy, though it's been shedding possum hair all over my shirts when I'm knitting. A good bath will probably help that out. I've been a little nervous about the size- I'm off a little in gauge, but I'm making the extra small size, so we'll see how that works out. My gut says it's too big, but my gut is usually wrong. It's looking pretty okay so far though, so I'm just going to wait.
Back to the grind of writing, then.Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me, send coffee. And ice cream.
And probably black printer ink.
I had a problem with that last time, which I (hope) won't happen again...

No comments: