Saturday, January 25, 2014

Second-Sock Syndrome

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying teaching 3 classes this semester instead of 5.  I can spend more time planning and preparing lessons, actually give more in-depth comments on homework, get more dance stuff done, and truly train for climbing.  Yoga 3 times a week has been amazing- every time I go, I feel more relaxed, my breathing is better, and my flexibility increases.  I'm also (finally) climbing regularly, and I have a few irons in the fire for possible spring break trips that I'm super excited about. :)
Nights are still really cold, which is perfect for knitting projects!
The right side of the Dude sweater is chugging along splendidly, and hopefully a few hours tonight will help me at least finish the colorwork section.
I have to say, I'm not a fan of the wrong-side colorwork.  It's much slower and kind of a pain in the butt, especially since I usually have to drop the color I'm not working with just to keep my hands from getting clunked up.  Bleh!  Only a few more rows of that...
I also cast on the second of my Addiction socks!
Definitely suffered from second-sock syndrome on that one.  I finished the first sock at least a year ago, and it got stuck in the back of my knitting drawer.  Oops.  I have to admit, I tried on the first one and was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit and how comfortable it was.  Makes me want to actually finish the second one. ;)
So I'm starting to think that the best Ravellympic goal for me to do would be finish my three big WIPs: the Dude Sweater, the last Addiction sock, and the Narwhal mittens.  I really wanted to finish the Dude sweater as soon as possible, and this would be good incentive to finish two smaller projects as well.  I want Britney to be able to wear the Narwhal mittens this winter, and I think I'd have the time to finish it before the flame goes out.
Two big projects before the Olympics are over?
No big deal.  :)

No comments: