Saturday, January 4, 2014

Last Days in Florida

My last days in Florida were a good mixture of relaxing, being sick, then more relaxing.
We spent at a day at NASA, checking out the new Atlantis display...

And after Scott left back for MN, headed to Daytona Beach!

We did a couple of days at Daytona Beach, walking around, flying kites...

enjoying some shopping, and ringing in the New Year!

I got to talk to Scott at midnight, then made sure to get a picture with my Dad after he smooched my Mom at midnight!

My last day was a spike in the temperature up to 85 degrees, which was perfect to fit in one more beach day!
We got to fly the kites again...

do some boogie boarding in the water...

and I finished reading The Godfather while attempting to get even a tiny bit of a tan.

Now I'm back in Minnesota, getting over a small fever and bad cough.  I went from 85 degrees in Florida to Monday the schools are all closed by Gov. Dayton because the windchill is supposed to creep possibly down to -50.
Good vacation. :)
Knitting update tomorrow...

No comments: