Wednesday, June 13, 2012

FO: Lil' Bunny Hat

Last night I cranked out the ears on the Lil' Bunny Hat, and today it's ready to be sent off to my old high school friend with a little girl on the way!

Pattern: Bunny Tail, from Susan B. Anderson's amazing book Itty-Bitty Hats
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK weight
Needles: Size 7 Bamboo
Mods: None!
Gift/Barter: Gift- Stoff is an old friend from High School, as in we went to prom together "as friends" and have always kept in touch over the years.  I was lucky enough to watch him get married last fall, and he'll be welcoming a little baby girl this September!  I wanted to get it knit up and sent before I left on my trip and I would come back to getting things ready for the beginning of the semester.
Worst Part: This might sound silly, but I'm never a huge fan of carting an entire book around for one pattern.  I'll definitely be making a paper copy to carry around with me next time.
Best Part: I always love an excuse to play with this yarn- it's sooooo soft!  Maybe someday a sweater??

I've been working on several things from my list from yesterday, one of which was making my apartment more of a "home".  One of my incredibly talented friends does photography, and in exchange for a hat he made some prints for me to hang.  
Two smaller ones are of me climbing (ice climbing on one, bouldering on the other) and a larger one is of the northern lights from the Gunflint Trail this winter, in northern Minnesota. 
They look incredible, and I can't wait to hang them up!  This weekend, I'm also receiving the much-anticipated painting that my brother's girlfriend made for me in exchange for a cowl!  Once I get that, I'll be moving stuff around in my living room and start trying to figure out how to coordinate all my mis-matched hand-me-down furniture. :)
Last but not least, our little garden is finally producing some vegetables!
The cherry tomatoes taste incredible- a ridiculous amount of flavor in a tiny little fruit!  
The green peppers aren't quite big enough to pick yet, but I'm excited to make a stir fry out of them (Well, let's be honest- I'm excited to watch S make a stir fry out of them for me to eat)!
Busy bee.... and off again!

No comments: