Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gross Day

It's just the type of cold, damp, dreary day that one would expect in the early springtime.  Unfortunately for Duluth, we had about a week of real winter before this barely-above-zero stuff set in, covering our city in a chill resulting in grossness and a really bad cold for me.

I've been down and out for a couple of days, eating soup, drinking tea, still going from one job to the next but with slightly less vigor.  Today is the culmination of yuck- a fever while sitting in a cold climbing gym, looking forward to an evening spent wrapped in blankets and watching Netflix, mindlessly working on something easy.
While I'm down here and have a little time, I'm working on figuring out exactly how I'm going to modify one of my next projects.  I have the pattern for the Effortless Cardigan, but I'm going to spice it up a little bit with some cabling on both the arms and the back.  I decided to use the cable pattern from the Effervesce socks for the back of the cardigan, and I'm hoping to use the pattern from the soon-to-be-published Winterdream Cables Socks to go down the arms of the cardigan.  It's going to probably quadruple the time spent knitting it, but I know that it'll be something that I'll love in the end.  I'm going to be using the Alpaca yarn seen in the earlier post (yes, the one that little Miss Maeby "enjoyed") once I spend forever de-tangling it.  Hopefully it'll be a great addition for my 12 in 2012 series!
The Winterdream sock pattern isn't going to be available until the end of February, which will time perfectly with swatching and de-tangling time.  Plus time for me to work on another sweater... specifically, my Dad's Dale of Norway, which I have been slowly but surely picking up and working on again.  I know that I'll be happy to have it finished, but right now I just want to get as much done as possible.
Plus I get distracted but other pretty projects...
Off to drink more tea.  I can't wait for relaxing this evening... :)

No comments: