This particular project has actually been finished for a bit. I completed the knitting portion probably three weeks ago, then didn't get around to sewing on the single button until probably a week ago. It sat again for awhile to wait for a decent day to take pictures, which didn't happen until today due to Duluth's awesome streak of rainy weather.
Luckily, when I finally got outside in all of the green, it worked really well and was worth the wait. Presenting the British Novel Vest!
Yarn: Cascade 220, in a pretty light purple.
Needles: Size 7 (the pattern called for a change in size a couple of times, but I stayed with 7 the whole time)
Time Frame: December 11th, 2010-May 17th, 2011
Modifications: Due to staying on the same sized needles for the neck and arm bands, I made significant modifications for both, picking up a lot less stitches than the pattern called for. I also threw this project in the dryer at the end instead of just blocking it, in order to attempt a more "fitted" look with it. I only sewed on one button instead of two. Full details on the modifications are on my ravelry page for the project.
Best Part: It was a great knit for mindless knitting during movies, and it's going to be a nice addition to my "teacher" wardrobe. I'm a huge fan of the color! It'll be nice and warm for those chilly Minnesota winters.
Worst Part: I'm not terribly happy with how loose and big it ended up being. Part of that is being knit with worsted weight wool on big needles- next time I make a vest, I'm probably going to opt for a thinner yarn on smaller needles to achieve a better fitted look. You can also see where I switched from knitting in the round to knitting back and forth- I really need to address that problem one of these days.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the result- it's not one of my favorite knit pieces to date, but it's a good classic staple to have in my closet. Plus the light purple is likely to cheer me up any day. :)