Monday, November 2, 2009

Progress

My knitting project right now is something that I'm very ready to be done with. Awhile ago I started a pair of socks as my traveling project, and I'm making them out of leftover bits of yarn from other random projects. I didn't realize until I was well into the cuff of the first sock that they were going to be pretty close to ugly. Pretty close only because they were pretty colors individually (variegated sock yarn for both colors) but together, the striping and the colors are... well, let's say they're not to my taste.
Because of how they looked, I've been putting them off for the longest time, and only this week did I really take them out to finish them. I'm just finishing the short row heel on the second sock, and a couple more nights at VE and class periods will hopefully finish them off for good.
I need to get them off the needles not because I need the needles, but they've been my only project I've had time for since I started school, and I hate that I've been working this long and hard on a stupid pair of easy to knit socks that I don't even want to do because they're ugly... but they're for a friend. And I'm willing to suck it up because of that.
Plus on this side of Halloween, Christmas is starting to look awful close...
Less than two months close...
Scary close...

No comments: