Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Denial

After the first few days of not writing, I thought, no biggy, I'll put something up eventually.
Then, after over a week, the guilt set in.
I kept thinking, "I can't write now, I'll have to go on and feel like a dork for not being able to keep up with the writing-everyday thing." Which, of course, is silly, but there it is.
As it were, I've been kept busy with surprises- big and little. Plus the constant barrage of homework keeps my life interesting.
School: I've got two huge paper deadlines looming over my head, and I'm getting very nervous about both of them. I've done a lot of research on my topics, but some of the research isn't going the way I thought it would, which is making things... difficult. I feel as though I could work on just one of them nonstop, no work or sleeping until it's due and I still wouldn't be happy with it. Perhaps that's the world of academia I've entered into...
Work: B&N has been fine, but I'm getting very burned out at the climbing gym. Don't get me wrong, I love working there, but my boss has been scheduling me so much lately that I don't have time to finish my homework... or get enough sleep to function well elsewhere. Today I was over 200 pages behind in my American Renaissance reading for class in Moby Dick, which isn't okay. This situation needs to be fixed immediately.
Play: Not much, let me tell you. My knitting has slowed to a crawl- though I'm finally almost done with the ridiculous socks for my friend Sam- I have the silly pink toe left on the last one and that'll be it. I also quickly knit up a hat during a long car ride for a buddy who bought the yarn for me. Short story behind it- he's one of those guys that always wears a hat, and only recently did he stretch his one trusty beanie out enough that it doesn't fit anymore (plus gross climber boy = unwashed hat). We have our local climbing competition coming up, and he's very superstitious about needing a hat. Which is where I came in. I just need to close the top and it'll be ready to wear. It's been a nice brainless knit, perfect when my head is stuffed with so much other stuff.
I have a couple of projects in the works that I'm excited about, but those shall be revealed at a later date... ;)
Off to do some reading now, and not feel as silly for taking such a hiatus on my blog. It won't happen again... at least for awhile... :)

No comments: