Monday, March 2, 2015

FO: Onward Shawl

Yesterday morning, I pulled out the sewing machine to do a quick fix on the Onward Shawl.
I really wanted the recipient to get the shawl before the chilly weather ended, so instead of spending the time ordering the yarn, ripping back the shawl, and re-knitting, I opted for an easier fix.

I decided to stabilize the edge with a couple lines of machine stitching...

picked up knitted stitches...

and finished the corner with some simple garter stitch.  I did keep the YO on the edge for consistency.  I finished by trimming all the random little edges, and:

It's not perfect, but it's a little piece of character on the edge of the shawl.
I took a few pictures with the help of Scott outside, then immediately packed it in a box so that NO KITTENS could get their faces in the squishy yarn for further destruction.
Kendra loved it. :)
I present the Onward Shawl!

Pattern: The Onward Shawl, by Shannon Cook.  From the book Journey.
Yarn: 4 skeins of Frog Tree's Pediboo in sock weight, color 1401- a very pretty gray.  While it's a little hard to see the arrow pattern from far away (and in certain lights), up close the texture with this yarn looks great!

Needles: Size 7 circulars (I used AddiTurbo)
Timeframe: July 14th, 2014-February 28th, 2015
Mods: Nothing except the change to the corner highlighted above due to unwanted kitten activity.

Worst Part: If you've read any of my previous posts, or even the first part of this post, you know the story of the shawl.  Obvious worst part- I had to re-knit the entire last repeat of the arrow pattern due to nomming Godzilla-esque cat activity, and then repair the corner AGAIN after a SECOND transgression with said cat.  But besides the fact that my kitten ate it- twice- I'd say the worst part was that for some reason I didn't really get around to memorizing the pattern as well as I thought I would.  Not exactly a big deal.

Best Part: FINALLY gifting it was probably the highlight.  The yarn is also fantastic- super bouncy and stretchy, really soft, and perfect for this project.  Note to self- don't use this yarn for a garment.  Just things like shawls or cowls. :)


No comments: