Sunday, January 27, 2013

FO: Kleio Shawl

It felt really, really good to get this particular project off of the needles.
I present the Kleio Shawl!

Pattern: Kleio by Rosemary Hill (link to pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn: The blue is "Eavan" in Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock, and the purple is "Enna" in Three Irish Girls Finley Fingering.
Needles: Size 5 on the Denise Interchangable, though when I got to the braids and the lace, I was very close to buying a large size five circular.  The Denise needles disconnected more than once, resulting in swearing and frustration which may have been easily avoided.

Gift/Barter/Swap: Gift!  Supposed to be done for Christmas, but since I won't see the recipient for another couple of weeks, I'm okay with the fact that I'm a little behind on this present...
Time Frame: September 29th, 2012-January 25th, 2013
Mods:  I ended up eliminating the last Latvian braid before the edging, mostly because I had probably three yards left of the blue Eavan sock yarn, and would have never been able to make the full braid.  I'm really happy with the result without the braid, though that may be because I didn't have to go through knitting another long Latvian braid...

Worst Part: Hinted at above- it's a toss-up between the Latvian braids and the Denise needles constantly falling apart and dropping my stitches all over the place.  Both were equally frustrating, though the braids caused a slow-burning frustration and the needles falling off were flashes of hot temper, with a few "F*#&!!!!" and "S%#@!!!!" type-words thrown in there.

Best Part:  I LOVE this yarn.  I'm a big fan of any Three Irish Girls yarn, having used it before in big projects.  The shawl turned out very warm and squishy, to the point that I don't even want to block it because it'll lose the squishy-ness that I love.  Plus I know the recipient will love it. :)

::phew::.  Feels good to knock off this shawl.  Now to get knitting on that border for the Snowflake Shawl and get that one (finally) put to rest...

No comments: