Friday, January 18, 2013

Lace at the End of the Shawl

First week of classes- done!  It went really fast, especially since I did a lot of sub-teaching down at my dance studio, meaning I was there every night this week.  My calves are pretty sore from all of the ballet that I did with the girls, but it feels really good to finally push myself a little.  Along those lines, Scott finally got the elliptical machine up and running!  I've been getting slowly back in to it, and it feels really good to be breathing hard while watching the snow fly outside my window.
I've made progress on the Kleio shawl- so, so close now...

Only deciphering the lace chart for the edging is in the way between myself and victory. I did have to make a small moderation, mostly because I ran out of yarn (oops).  Instead of having a third Latvian braid between the shawl and the lace edging, I'm just going to go straight in to the lace.  I was barely able to squeeze in four rows of stockinette before I noticed there was probably 3-4 yards left in the skein- tops.

I have to say- I'm not that sad about this particular mod.  Those Latvian braids are a pain in the butt.  I think it'll look just fine without the last one.  Don't get me wrong- they're really pretty- but they take forever to knit.  Glad to be done with them.
Hopefully, after climbing tonight, I'll sit down to work on more grafting of the snowflake shawl.  I haven't had time this week to lay the shawl out and go to town, so I'm going to stick in a movie or a disc of CSI and get the grafting done.
Both shawls- SO CLOSE to being done!
Hopefully I'll be reporting finishing one very soon here...
Oh, and this morning I woke up to some very strange noises around 7:30 am... noises that sounded like a kitten chewing on something...
or eating something she wasn't supposed to...
Once I figured out what was going on, a mugshot was required.

No comments: