Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break Fun!


Despite the homework load I've had this break, I've managed to put a little bit of random fun into the days I have off. I found a fantastic cookie recipe online for chocolate chip cookies, and for the first time in awhile was able to bake successfully!
Super easy recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tblsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Nestle Milk Chocolate chips- sooo good!)
~ Preheat oven to 325
~ Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
~ Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in with the sifted stuff until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
~ Drop dough in about 1/4 cup at a time, about 3 inches apart.
~ Bake 10-15 minutes, until edges lightly toasted.
~ Cool on baking sheets before transferring to wire rack.
Makes a little less than two dozen cookies. Let's just say that between giving them away and how tasty they were, they didn't last long. :)
I also have been doing a lot of ballet barre and center, getting ready for my final two recreations in my ballet class.
For one, we'll be given a female variation on pointe from the ballet La Bayadere. I'm not sure which variation it will be yet- we'll be learning it in a week or so. We get to choose the other, and I found this video that I really enjoy and have started to work on. It's a little slower, but in reality it makes it more controlled and a little more difficult. Hopefully I can get the whole thing figured out and practiced by the time finals week rolls around!
My shoes are starting to show the wear and tear of months of daily practice, and late last week I was beginning to feel the satin on the bottom of the box really deteriorate, making it more painful to be up on pointe.
Solution?
Pointe shoes. Brand new, beautiful, Bloch Serenade, and on sale. :)
Knitting and other crafts update tomorrow...

2 comments:

Cole said...

cookies and new shoes, what a week! :)

Samantha said...

When do I get to see you dance?