Monday, February 28, 2011

...Progress?!

I've been taking periodical breaks to finish certain crafty projects that were promised and have due dates on them, and one for sure is finished!
A "Veggiesaurus" shirt for a certain vegetarian is colored, dried, and has finally been delivered as promised, and I couldn't be happier with the result.
I figure one run through the wash should take out all the pencil marks- trying to draw a dinosaur on a shirt is harder than you'd think...
Another project with a deadline is finally coming along- the Alice mittens have sprouted the first roses on the colorwork portion, and I was able to sort through my many post-it notes to write out my modifications to the pattern to make it work. I posted all the changes on my Ravelry page for them, and hopefully it'll help when I make the second mitten. I really like them so far, despite the fiddly-ness of the pattern.
As I run off to work on my thesis paper, I leave you with a short video on the trials of ballet... because when you're a 5 year old, first position can be tricky... :)

No comments: