Sunday, February 6, 2011

Keep on Learning...

I've been spending a lot of my time here lately:
studying hard, trying to finish my last thesis paper in order to have it ready to go before all my paperwork is due. It's tedious work, but it's a lot of fun when I'm really in the thick of it, and feeds my excitement to keep researching and finding new things.
Speaking of learning, I started a project today that's going to be a whole new learning experience for me!
I'm making a pair of Manolo socks for myself, and they're made using a few things that are new to me as a sock knitter. First and foremost, they're done toe-up using a special cast where the toe of the sock is immediately closed. They're also knit on two circular needles, whereas I've always been a double-point needle kind of lady. I'm making them in some very pretty soft pink yarn. Normally I'm not a pink sort of person, but the pattern reminds me so much of pointe shoes that there really seemed to be no choice in the matter. This pattern will probably challenge me, and I'm excited to really dive in!
Besides, if nothing else, I have a pair of easy ribbed socks I can fall back on, in super bright colors to ward off the winter blues... :)
Back to the studying!

No comments: