Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mosey-ing Legwarmers

Yesterday I proceeded to attempt to make up for any and all exercise lost over my long work period- I did hard lap swimming, two hours of ballet, and two hours of swing, not to mention biking all over town getting groceries (gallons of milk are heavy in backpacks, but feel great in the heat). I woke up this morning, swung my legs over the side of the bed, stood up (that term is to be used loosely), and was actually glad that I have to work all day today. I wasn't even close to this sore even after the Triathlon! Amazing how out of shape you can get in only a week of doing nothing.
Well, not nothing. I did finish up Jenelle's legwarmers on Sunday, pom-poms galore. I have to admit, I think between having some of the poms explode on me and learning how much to use putting the yarn on Cheryl's special little pom-pom maker she's borrowing me, I probably used almost a whole skein of yarn. Ah, well. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out (though not with the pictures, but I needed to pack them up to give them away so it's the best I got). It's just like always- once I actually sit down and do the knitting, it doesn't take me very long at all. No modifications on the pattern- it turned out and worked perfectly, as with the first ones I made. As much fun as it was to knit them, I probably won't make them again for a very, very long time (if ever), since I want to either design my own or make one of the many gorgeous patterns on Ravelry. Not to mention I have a million other projects to finish. But this pair were fun, and I always love using that yummy purple.
Time to eat some delicious wheat pasta with raspberry vinagrette- tasty lunch for a hot day. I wish I had a farmer's market to pass by on the way to work, to maybe get some cherry tomatoes. Maybe tomorrow I'll scout one out.
For now, it's off to VE... and the Dale... ::sigh::

No comments: