Sunday, August 9, 2009

And... breathe...

I'm very excited to finally finish a very long stretch of working all day, every day. I was done at 6 pm tonight, just enough time to have a leisurely bike home on boardwalk, enjoying the lovely Duluth weather before heading home for a small pasta dinner topped with tasty vinaigrette and greens. It's still gorgeous out, and I'm contemplating a walk down the street to get milk and enjoy the sunshine.
The only good thing about this weekend was the sheer amount of finishing up projects that I got done.This is the Amanda Hat for one of my B&N coworkers, Lisa. The hat is my part of a trade with her- she's going to make me a necklace out of some sea glass found on the shores of Lake Superior last summer in exchange for my knitted goods! I'm excited to see what it looks like when finished, but in the meantime I'm pretty happy with how this hat turned out.The pattern calls for size 9 needles, but as I couldn't find mine I used size 8 instead, and I'm very happy with the results. Happy enough that if I make myself this hat I may use size 8. Nothing modified too much- I didn't do the garter rounds at the top of the pattern, and I definitely lost count on the top how many times I did the lace pattern. Oops. It was a joy to knit in yummy Malabrigo again- worsted weight, with gorgeous greens that are showcased nicely with the design. This particular stitch pattern does a really good job with varigated yarns.
The next few days are supposed to be real summer around here- as in above 60 degrees and sunny, so I'm excited to hopefully get outside, get some walks and some bike rides in, and work on some mysterious projects that I'm not allowed to talk about yet. ;) No worries, I'll give as soon as time permits. So for now, I'm off to the store for some milk and (perhaps) a carton of fresh blueberries (if they're still on sale!).
Yum! :)

No comments: