Sunday, March 9, 2014

Getting Better

It's been awhile since I've written, for good reason.  Our little apartment has turned into a small cesspool of unhappiness with the stomach flu.  Scott got it first, and was down for a good 3-4 days while I went between teaching and taking care of him.  Then, at the end of the week, I caught the bug and couldn't keep anything down.  Today is the first day I've been back on the horse, eating full meals and even teaching three hours of dance this afternoon (though I collapsed on the couch afterward).
I've been able to get a fair amount of knitting done, since being sick means I can't focus much on grading or cleaning.  I'm over halfway done with the Honey Cowl for Hannah, one of the three knits for my solo/duet ladies.

I have to admit, I love love LOVE this pattern.  It's fast, it's easy to do when my brain isn't functioning on full capacity, and I'll probably be done with it within the next couple of weeks here.  I'm also decreasing at the top of the hat that I'm knitting for Scott, and should be done with that soon as well!

I feel like I should just perpetually be churning these Turn-a-Square hats, in case either Maeby keeps eating them or someone needs one for a present.  I do owe one to Bobby, who accompanied my friends and I to the Red River Gorge last fall.  They're a great stash-buster as well, since I have a lot of leftover Cascade 220 worsted weight from various projects.
Tomorrow is a full day of dance, work, meetings, and (possibly) yoga. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go to yoga- depends on how I feel when I wake up.
I push a little too hard sometimes when I'm coming back from being sick, so I'm going to try to take it a little easy tomorrow and Tuesday.  We'll see... :)

No comments: