Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Heat Wave

It got really really hot a couple of days ago here.
Hot to the point that Albert looked like he was melting, limbs everywhere in the air.
Hot enough that I had to water our plants a few times a day because the soil was so dried up.  I'm going to be harvesting all the kale tomorrow to make some Mushroom and Kale Stroganoff (I've made this recipe before, and it's awesome...), since I won't exactly be around town for a bit.  More on that later. :)
And it's been hot to the point that I didn't even feel like knitting, though I did eek a little out on the Onward shawl.
It's a really easy pattern to follow with pretty yarn, and I'm happy to chug away at it right now before it grows to 400 stitches per row (that'll be fun...) and I don't want to knit with gray.  
I did get a short walk in at the beach with a friend and her puppy yesterday morning, and other than that I've been working to get ready for my TRIP next week!  I leave on Tuesday for my 3-week European vacation, and I couldn't be more excited!  I'll be posting more on my packing and itinerary later this week as I finalize my list of things I'm bringing.  Don't worry- I'll be bringing some knitting with me. ;)
Just before the heat wave hit, I was able to put together a fun little gathering down in Canal Park of dancers.  The first performance of my little experiment dubbed "The Tap Project" was a complete success- enough so that one of my dancers (who performs in front of auditoriums full of people) half-whispered to me afterward, "I didn't know there were going to be so many people!" as tourists and friends stopped to watch.  
It's a lot of fun- I consider myself more of a "director" than a choreographer.  Groups of girls make up their own 8-counts, playing off each other, changing groups, going back and forth, and all together having a grand time!
At the end we all come together for a "Chorus", and finish at the same time with the same final 8-count.  Parents and even the head of my studio came down to cheer the girls on!  We're going to get in at least one more performance before I head off to Europe, and I'm hoping that these girls will do at least a couple more shows on their own.  
Well, here's hoping... :)

1 comment:

nancy88 said...

I can't wait for tonight!!

Also, do you want to know why it was so hot out? Because I finished a wool sweater. It never fails. It's totally my fault. Hahahaha!