Sunday, April 13, 2014

FO: Bitty Ballerina Gift Set

It's been a pretty chill Sunday so far.

I woke up with a stomach ache and feeling dizzy, so I've been taking it pretty easy today.  Albert napped with me for a bit, I worked on school prep, and I finished a small project for a pregnant friend- a Bitty Ballerina Gift Set, since she owns a dance studio and is having a little girl!

Pattern(s): The Super Simple Little Legwarmers (pattern found here) and Saartje's Bootees (free from the Ravelry page)
Yarn: The legwarmers are Ella Rae's Lace Merino in Blue/Purple and the bootees are Lorna's Laces sock yarn in multi-colored pink (last seen used in Heather's Star Hat... one of these days I'll finally finish using that skein of yarn...)
Needles: DPNs in size 1 & 3

Timeframe: March 22nd-April 12th
Worst Part: None.  This was an easy-peasy project.
Best Part: Loving the adorable little bootees the moment I sewed the buttons on!  I'm also excited to completely surprise my friend by sending these in the mail to her dance studio. :)

I'll be wrapping up my weekend with a little bit of time at the dance studio, then watching Cosmos tonight while doing a little knitting.  Hopefully whatever is making my stomach unhappy goes away so I can get back to normal- I need to get back on the 1/2 marathon training schedule and prep for a quick climbing trip coming this weekend!  More on that next post... ;)

No comments: