Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter and FO: Taylor's Cowl

Right before I headed off on my Easter weekend, I finally got to finish Taylor's Cowl- the second of three dancer gifts for the year!

Pattern: Honey Cowl by Antonia Shankland (Link goes to Ravelry page)
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn's Baby Llama Glow in white with sparkles.  Nom!
Needles: Size 6 on Addi Turbo.  I love these needles SO MUCH. 
Timeframe: March 17th-April 17th
Mods: Not really a mod, but I cast on 160 stitches for the in-between size, just like I did for Hannah's cowl.
Worst Part: I wish that the CO edge had a little more spring to it.  I usually do a long-tail cast on, but maybe the next time I make this, I'll find one that has a little more stretch.
Best Part: The yarn!  Super cozy and fuzzy.  Plus the little bit of sparkle is a nice touch. :)
Easter weekend was full of family for me.  I hitched a ride to the cities with my cousin and stayed with my aunt and uncle.  I snuck out on grading papers on Saturday afternoon to play some bingo with my aunts:
(can you say WINNERS?)
and enjoyed an incredibly gorgeous Easter day with my extended family.  
My cousin Sam and I had to hunt for our baskets Sunday morning.  
It doesn't matter how old you are- some Easter traditions are always fun!
Since I spent Christmas down in Florida, I haven't seen my extended family since Thanksgiving.  I got to catch up with all of them, and enjoy the 75 degree day at the same time!
My last bit of Easter cheer was finding some bunny ears to put on the cats for our regular holiday torture-time.  I think I enjoyed it more than them...
Festive Easter kitties!  Albert was surprised and disturbed that something was on his head.  As you can see in the top left pic, Maeby is in her teenager "God D*%#it" phase when I try to do anything like snuggle or make her participate in mandatory Easter activities. :)
It makes me feel slightly better about her eating all of my clothes, though.
I have one more FO to show later, but right now I need to work hard on getting the Dancing Giraffe finished for my last duet dance student.  It's a large project that can only be worked on at home, which makes it a little more tricky to find time for at this busy time of year.  I also need to cast on for the end-of-year present for the owner of my studio.  This is the fourth year in a row that I'm knitting her something, and figuring out something appropriate that she'll actually use is fairly difficult.  
A couple more weeks of obligatory knitting, then hopefully I'll have time to start something for myself!
What that'll be, I have no idea.  I haven't had time to think past this coming weekend and out first major dance competition.  Til then, it's grading, dance, and giraffe! :)

No comments: