Sunday, April 28, 2013

Competition Weekend!

A huge thank you to those of you that sent me notes or comments about being newly anemic- it's good to know I'm not the only one out there!  Since the doc told me on Friday that I can continue to do active stuff as long as I know my limits, I've been testing those limits a little as the week wrapped up.  Namely, dancing for three hours straight on Thursday night with my girls in prep for another dance competition this weekend!

I'm definitely the most proud of my Silver Line girls- they performed last night, got a "High Gold" with their score, received a Judge's Choice Special Performance Award, and got the 4th overall high score in the "Teen Rising Star" category against not just tap, but jazz dances, ballet, etc!  I couldn't be more proud of my Newsies. :)
Between hanging out between dances and my Faculty Duty Day at my college on Friday, I'm in the home stretch on the Artist Mitts!

Just a couple more hours will finish my first Christmas gift of the year.  A rainy forecast tonight after the competition will hopefully let me get these done.  I also (finally) finished the middle colorwork section of the Dude sweater, putting me back in to single-color super-easy territory.

I feel like this project will go much quicker with the back done- it is by far the largest and most awkward piece of all of them to knit, so I'm aiming to have this sweater DONE by early June.  Just in time that the recipient won't need something giant and heavy and crazy-warm.  :)
My solo tap students are performing this evening at the competition, and then I can relax for a week before gearing up all my dance classes for the recital at the beginning of June.  Also, only two weeks of class left at LSC, then finals week... it's amazing how fast the end of the year goes!

No comments: