Friday, April 19, 2013

Broken Record

Well, we didn't know if we could do it.  The competition was fierce!  The end was closing in!  But- Duluth managed to break the record for snowfall in April with a snowstorm that blew through the last few days!
I barely made it home from dance rehearsal last night, and took a quick picture of the snow falling fast and thick before I swooped inside to warmth and hot chocolate.

When I woke up this morning (first to a text at 5 am telling me LSC classes were cancelled for the day, then later for real), I was greeted with 22 inches of fresh powder.

It took awhile to dig my car out to get anywhere, and from what the radio tells me, we're going to get another few inches with another system coming in later this weekend.

I guess spring isn't happening in Duluth this year.  I shouldn't have had that thought about taking my avalanche shovel out of my car... maybe that's what cursed it...
Off to the Twin Cities this weekend for the first dance competition of the year for my studio!  Ample time in the car and on a bus on the way home means lots of knitting, hopefully... :)

No comments: