Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Keeping Busy

This summer has really taken off- I can't believe it's already July!  I've been doing everything from diving to friend time to my 30th birthday party to a trip to Spearfish Canyon in South Dakota for climbing!
Some of the highlights:

I ran the bridal shower for one of my best college friends- it was a field day, and with my Mom's help, it went fantastically!  Ridiculous games from elementary school are the best type of games for an event like this. :)

I went to a bachelorette party for one of my Duluth friends, Sarah.  It was one of those wine-and-paint events that I've seen on social media, and it was an incredible amount of fun to finally try something like this out!

I now have a fun painting hanging in my bedroom, and it spurred me to pull out my watercolors to start doing a little art on my off-days this summer!

Here's another big event- I turned 30!  I sent an invite out to Duluth friends, and had a get-together at Mexico Lindo.  After such a difficult week, having around 30 people stop by and hug me and do toasts with me and let me know how much they care was nothing short of incredible, not even counting the number of messages, texts, phone calls, and facebook posts.  It was exactly the sort of outpouring of love that I needed, and it warms my heart to know how many people care about me.

One of the most amazing parts?  These ladies drove up 2 1/2 hours from the Twin Cities just to be at my birthday party.  I definitely lost it when they came in the door, and again when there were hugs and support from them.  I'm so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people that care about me.  It's good to feel that love when I'm needing a little more support right now. :)
This past weekend, I got a last-minute opportunity to climb in Spearfish Canyon in South Dakota for a last-minute climbing trip over the 4th of July!

It was so much fun- I met a ton of new climbers, saw some old friends that I haven't seen for a long time, and got totally thrashed after 3 days of trying hard!

I worked a 5.12a called The Juvenile that was a fantastic climb, and if I was in endurance shape, I could have bagged my first 5.12a outside.  I actually got the difficult climbing portion, and just couldn't hold on to the bigger holds on top.  That's okay- project for next trip! :)

I didn't even know the people I was driving out with until I drove up to the apartment we were leaving from in Northeast Minneapolis.  That's okay- a 10 hour drive meant plenty of time to make friends!

All in all, it was an amazing trip that reminded me how much I love getting outdoors, going camping, and trying hard with fantastic friends.
It feels really good to enjoy so many positive experiences after some difficult changes. :)

No comments: