Monday, September 19, 2011

FO: French Press Slippers

Going to take a break from my slightly free-style form of writing to update on my recent knitting finishes. The big one this week- the French Press Slippers for a friend living far up north and in need of something toasty for her toes!
Yarn: 2 skeins of Patons Classic Wool in a fun pinkish shade!
Needles: size 15 on Denise circulars
Made for: Carly
Timeline: September 10-18th
Modifications: None, though next time I'll seam it a little differently. Instead of just doubling up the strands and seaming once, I'll seam it once with one strand of yarn, then seam it again with the second. Not that these had problems, but I could see where they might.
Worst Part: I had a lot of loose ends to weave in, and after felting it once and realizing it was too big for my size 8 feet (Carly's feet are size 6) in a panic I felted them again, luckily with good results. Moment of "oh shit" wasn't very pleasant.
Best Part: Despite the moments where the knit pieces looked like banana slugs, when they came together it was really cool to see how all the parts worked. And, of course, knowing that they'll keep a new teacher's feet nice and cozy in her new home far in the north!

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I'm breaking out my winter running gear - and my favorite hat is stretched out! Is there any chance I could interest you in knitting a replacement (I wear a 7 1/8)?
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jacques-cousteau-hat