Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Splashes of Purple

There's a lot of purple going on in my life right now.
I've been working on a vest from the book Knitting 24/7 (one of my favorites- so many gorgeous patterns!) as my traveling knitting, and it's knitting up beautifully in a light purple that goes with a lot of tops I plan on pairing it with.
I'm very close to putting stitches on hold for the underarms, and if I work on this hard perhaps I can wear it one of my first days back at school next week!
I also received a beautiful pair of dark purple mittens recently for my Christmas present, knit by a dear friend.
I feel especially lucky since these are her first pair of mittens she ever knit! Very impressive, considering how many elements there are, keeping track of the cabling and seed stitch as well as the pattern.
I brought them out for a little time in the snow...
...then let them dry over my old-school radiator, ready to go again. Thank you oh-s0-much, lovely Jenelle! :)
With all this purple going on, I might need to cast on in something slightly different... or take out that lovely teal Vivian sweater that's patiently waiting in the corner for shoulders and a hood before it's (finally) done... with school starting next Tuesday, this is my last weekend to attempt to relax before the final semester of my Master's degree commences and renders me into a nervous, crazy mass of busyness.
I'm going to take advantage of it as much as I can. :)

No comments: