Friday, May 29, 2015

FO: Police Box Handwarmers (and other WIP)

I've been getting back in to the groove this week after my time in Florida, and I'm sad (and excited) as we head in to our final week of dance for the year.
This means that I have to have the dancer gifts prepped and ready for classes next week.
With two graduating seniors this year, that means I have two knitted senior gifts, one of which is a pair of Police Box Handwarmers (yes, the fated pair that Maeby sunk her little teeth into).  I cut them and tore them back, and finally fixed the top part of the handwarmer.

Pattern: Police Box Mittens by the brilliant SpillyJane Knits
Yarn: Regia Angora Merino in Cream and Dark Blue- LOVE this yarn for colorwork!
Needles: Bamboo DPNs size 2
Timeframe: February 17th-May28th, 2015

Worst Part: The monstersaurus eating a chunk out and having to spend time redoing it.  Yet another knit destroyed... :(
Best Part: It's going to be her reaction when she opens up the package. :)
I'm furiously trying to finish the U of M socks before next week- that's my major weekend project.
Florida also proved to be a great place- I got the first of my Venga Las Chicas hats finished, and through the brim and beginning of the knot section on the second!

Guys- I LOVE THIS HAT.  I cannot say that enough.  I LOVE THIS HAT!!!  The cable pattern is fantastic, it looks great in the yarn, and it's fast and engaging to knit.
Which is probably a good thing when I have to make four of them.  ::ahem::  This is officially one of my "travel knits" for long car rides or movie nights.
I also finished one of two Camping socks, which I'm hoping to wear on my Boundary Waters trip this summer (because, you know, it's not that warm up in the BWCAW).  :)

It feels really good to finally finish some projects.  I haven't been able to actually finish a project in awhile, and it's a nice feeling of completion to get them done.  I think the trick is to not have six projects going at once.  Things generally get done faster when I only have 1 or 2 "traveling" projects and only 1 "at home" project.
Hmmm... things to think about for the future. :)
For now, I have to finish up the U of M socks, make a couple of ballerina keychains, and plot my end-of-year little gifts for all of my dancers.  :)
Tomorrow- diving adventure!  Stay tuned, folks. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

those are going to be such an awesome gift, she'll love the mitts! The hat looks great, and those camping socks are perfection. I so want to knit pair, as well.