Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wait... When?


Last weekend, I traveled down to the cities to hang out with college friends for a tea party-themed Bridal Shower.  Specifically, the Bridal Shower for my good friend Kim.

Yes, the Kim I'm making the Snowflake Shawl for.
We had a great time hanging out, talking, and playing the traditional ridiculous bridal shower games.  When cleaning up the house after it was over, I got to hear some wedding details about the wedding coming up in just over a month.

It wasn't until the drive home that I realized exactly what this meant.
The wedding is on January 5th.  That means I have just about 6 weeks to finish the backgrounds for all the snowflakes, graft them together, and knit the border around the whole shebang.  I have to knit 3-4 backgrounds a week to give myself enough time to do the finishing details around Christmas, especially since I'll be traveling down to visit my parents in Florida for a week at Christmas.
This is, of course, ignoring the fact that I have papers to grade, choreographing to do, not to mention climbing, yoga, and running.
I have one snowflake done:

but got a little stuck on the second one.
Sometimes I keep knitting, because I think it'll be fine, but actually it's more like an amoeba and looks stupid and then... and then...

then I finally had to pull it all out to start over.

This makes it a little more difficult to be efficient.
That may be an (empty) glass of wine next to my knitting.
Let the snowflake craziness begin.
Uffda... what have I got myself into?

No comments: